• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

TF: Tile on tile

Currently reading:

P

Paul J

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me.

I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower installed. The shower is tiled floor to ceiling on three walls with a shower screen on the 4th side.

I had issues with the tiles that the fitter installed ( he has since disappeared so I can’t go to him to resolve ) and I thought I’d try to do the bits myself.

Anyway The grouting in the tiles is weak and in places has gone leaving gaps between the tiles. I have dug out as much as I can and regrouted Not my issue is the alcove he built and tiled The base of the shelf is angled backwards leaving water pooling at the rear of the shelf. I think I have a solution without ripping all the tiles out I was going to lay another cut tile ( with an insert to raise the back so the water drains out ) but my question is. Can I tile on tile in the recess or do I have to prep the base tile and if I do need to prep it could anyone let me know how and with what These are very glossy porcelain tiles

Tile on tile to Continue reading...

TilersForums.com for Tilers Community, Tilers Talk, Tilers Forums, Jobs, News and more.

Back