• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

TF: Painting red quarry tiles grey - prime or no prime!??

Currently reading:

F

Foggy58

Hi there,

We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint them grey to complement a renovation we are doing.

We have chosen Rustoleum washable matt floor tile paint but my question is should we be applying a primer first? (It says that priming is not necessary on the tin but I’m not convinced!!)

I’ve heard that it’s wise to use oil or latex based primers but I really am not too sure!!

Please can you advise what is best and what product to use!?

Many thanks

Painting red quarry tiles grey - prime or no prime!?? to Continue reading...

TilersForums.com for Tilers Community, Tilers Talk, Tilers Forums, Jobs, News and more.

The purpose of using a primer is to get a better adhesion. Latex/acrylic primer would be good. It is not water soluble, what other primer would you use on tile? That is the best you can get.
Make sure the quarry tile and grout are perfectly clean and 100% dry before priming/painting

Back