• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

TF: Fix-a-floor. For fixing tiles with voids.

Currently reading:

S

smokie899

Got to use this fix-a-floor stuff today. What a load of... rubbish, and that's being kind.
One loose tile 300 x 300 and the grout cracked a bit.
Drilled eight 4mm holes in 6mm grout lines. Cut the nozzle for a snug fit. Injected it in.
Only about 5% went in, while most just came out the same hole. What a f'ing mess.
Ended up lifting tile spent about a half an hour cleaning up then relayed with adhesive.
Stuff has the consistency of melted ice cream, gets everywhere.
If they changed the nozzle to something with rubber on it, or just make it all rubber, to get a tighter fit in the drill hole, so more goes in the hole rather than out of it. That may help a bit.
If you see the advert for it on youtube, its nothing like that. Obviously staged to make it look so easy to use.

Fix-a-floor. For fixing tiles with voids. to Continue reading...

TilersForums.com for Tilers Community, Tilers Talk, Tilers Forums, Jobs, News and more.

I have used Fix A Floor a lot in the past, it works well if you know how to operate it. Sometimes you drill some holes that do not connect to the void space underneath the tile and that's a mess. All you have to do is drill a different hole, if that does not connect well you drill a hole right in the corner on diagonal, that way it will connect to the void space and the Fix A Floor cartridges are going to be fully functionable.

Back