• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

TF: First time doing a patio

• Thread starter Sean-tries-to-tile
  • Start date

Currently reading:

S

Sean-tries-to-tile

Hi guys, had some great advice here before so thought I would ask here for advice again regarding porcelain patio instalation on (fairly flat) concrete substrate.

Tiles are 90 cm x 60 cm and 2 cm thick.
Area is 54m²

What is the best adhesive to use? I like mapei, used it in the past and tile mountain suggests Adesilex p4 20kg bags.

This Adesilex can be used as a self leveller too, but its expensive, shoukd I bother?

How many bags should I buy?

Would I need to prime the concrete base or backs of porcelain tiles?

What size trowel, should it be u-shaped notches?

I don't expect anyone to answer all of that but if anyone knows some of the answers and is generous enough to spend the time to reply I would be v grateful!

I've uploaded a pic of the area, (some existic tiles still to be pulled up and replaced with concrete to complete the substrate for laying the new slabs).

Thanks a million in advance

First time doing a patio to Continue reading...

TilersForums.com for Tilers Community, Tilers Talk, Tilers Forums, Jobs, News and more.

Back