• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

TF: Concrete subfloor leveling issue

Currently reading:

C

Cat213

Hi -

I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and instead of using mortar to even out any glue that was stuck on or sand off, I used a thin layer of self leveler. I mixed it correctly but for some reason still wasn’t level so I tried grinding it with an angle grinder attachment. Made it worse. Poured again. Also made it worse.

I ripped out the existing vanity as seen in the image and there’s now 1/4 inch from vanity bottom to new subfloor with concrete.

My question is:

If I try to fix one last time, should I try to sand down to Original subfloor and hopefully attach whatever I’m using to a shop vac for dust?

Do I do another pour to level up to the 1/4 inch and sand the existing pours down a bit then pour again?

Even with a laser level it’s very hard to tell where slight dips or rigids are so it’s almost impossible for me to sand my hand down to flat,

Other option… should I just hire someone for this? And how much do you think it would cost? (Trying to save $)

Concrete subfloor leveling issue to Continue reading...

TilersForums.com for Tilers Community, Tilers Talk, Tilers Forums, Jobs, News and more.

Glue speaking best way to deal with glue is to grind it off using a cup grinder and not covering the glue with several layers of self-leveling.
It is hard to level anything using self-leveling, unless you are good at it, even then it is not an accurate thing.

I would remove the self-leveling compound and grind off the glueangle grinder.JPG

Back