• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

TF: 600mm tile layout - will this work or look odd?

Currently reading:

T

tombo83

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project.

I have two different types of 600mm tiles i'm using in a bathroom - a white tile which will go across the floor in a straight lay pattern, this white tile will also go one tile up the wall the entire way around. Above that we have the 2nd tile - a contrasting pink, terracotta tile. Both are 600mm, but they're actually 596mm (white) 598mm (pink). My plan to run them up the wall perfectly in line is not going to be easy given the different sizes of the tiles, the grout lines just won't run straight. The floor is now already laid. I have a couple of options i think.

1) Continue the white tile up the wall 1 tile high keeping the white grout lines all straight, then switch to the pink tile and offset them half way (breaking the bond). Continuing the pink tiles up straight after the half tile break.

2) Same as above but continue in a stretcher type tile pattern with the pink. This might look strange given the straight tile run on the floor?

3) Continue up the walls in straight lines and switch to a 1mm spacer for the pink trying to keep everything as tight as possible. I could possibly widen out the white tile that goes 1 tile up the wall out 0.5mm too to try to keep them matched up as best i can.

Any advice on which option to go for which will look the best?

I've attached a few photos.

Thanks to anyone who has the time to send a comment.

Cheers, Tom

600mm tile layout - will this work or look odd? to Continue reading...

TilersForums.com for Tilers Community, Tilers Talk, Tilers Forums, Jobs, News and more.

Back