• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

PT: Not much water from shower head but high pressure in tap

Currently reading:

I

IrinaPri

Dear Professionals, could you please advise. I have standard mixer tap in my bath (its about 15 years old, i recently bought the house). The water comes out from tap itself in massive amounts, bath can be filled in 3min, same if i unscrew shower hose - the water will shoot up very high, however as soon as hose is connected back there is hardy any water coming from the shower head. I tried a 2 new hose and 2 different size shower head, no dereference. Then i connected hose to bath tap via adaptor but stil hardly any water from shower head. I can't figure out how is the water comes out so much only from the tap but nothing from shower. I have old school system with water tank in the loft and bathroom on ground floor so should be no issue with pressure, flow of water is also very heavy in the kitchen and from bath tap itself but nothing from hose with shower head. It doesn't seems to be just the part that switches between water flow to tap or shower as i tried to connect bath tap itself to see the difference but there wasn't any. Uploaded a few pictures of the tap and hose that i tried and the adaptor. Not able to afford a plumper at the moment to come out and to physically have a look so trying to figure out myself, would be amazing if it is something small that i can fix. Could someone please help!
Thank you,
Irina

PlumbersTalk: Not much water from shower head but high pressure in tap to Continue reading...

PlumbersTalk.net for the latest in plumbing news, jobs, advice and more.

Back