• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

PT: Low pressure mixer spray tap recommendations ?

Currently reading:

S

Splitty

I'll be installing a new kitchen, DIY, and the Mrs wants a mixer tap with a switchable spray/regular flow. No pullout with hose but more like one with a spiral round the outer hose that lifts out of a mount and you can move it about a bit. Something like you see on catering sinks. Now stay with me on this as I'm not a plumber !
I have gravity fed hot water, but mains fed cold, and the cold pressure is very high.
Currently the mixer tap we have inherited when we moved, allows the cold water to push back the hot water to the extent that if you try to mix them to get warm, it's a bit of a balancing act to get it right .
If you get it wrong and turn the cold off, there's quite a few feet of cold water to run out of the hot tap to get hot water back out again !
So clearly, this tap is not up for the job and its gonna be changed anyway.

Any recommendations for a decent model mixer that fulfils the wife's wishes that can allow easy mixing without the backflow problems would be greatly appreciated. Big ask, I know but I'm sure some of you guys have come across this problem before. Your average retailer online or in store doesn't seem to provide the info l need so l really need your help. Many, many thanks in advance. Cheers.

PlumbersTalk: Low pressure mixer spray tap recommendations ? to Continue reading...

PlumbersTalk.net for the latest in plumbing news, jobs, advice and more.

Back