• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

PT: Advice on a Drayton EB valve body leaking from the top

Currently reading:

K

Kingfisher2

A routine check revealed a leaking valve body on the en suite bathroom radiator.
I removed the thermostatic head and found the range limiting pins to be severely corroded.
Now, I’m resigned to draining the heating system and replacing the faulty valve body.

My question: In the interim, is there any point in fitting a decorator’s valve cap in place of the thermostatic head?

I’m thinking that if the cap were screwed right down it would push the pin into the valve and stop the leak. Obviously, that would be a temporary measure until I can source the replacement part and schedule the work.

Any helpful comments from more experienced folks would be much appreciated. Thanks.

PlumbersTalk: Advice on a Drayton EB valve body leaking from the top to Continue reading...

PlumbersTalk.net for the latest in plumbing news, jobs, advice and more.

Back