• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Zanussi electrical oven started tripping the RCD

Currently reading:
EF: Zanussi electrical oven started tripping the RCD

D

DoItMyself

Zanussi electrical oven started tripping the RCD

Hi All,
I am new here.
I searched the forum regarding this issue and most professional advice was that the heating element should be at fault.
I am a DIY person and I would not have a problem replacing it myself, only that a new heating element costs £45 on Zanussi.co.uk and I would not want to pay for it if thats not the issue.
It started tripping 4 days ago, sometimes starts working on fan or grill+fan for a bit -(more or less 1 min) then trips. Other times trips the circuit straight away.
1 year ago I might have sprayed oven cleaner on the element while cleaning but if that would cause something I assumed it should be sooner rather than later.
I opened the back of the oven intending to remove the heating element, so I noticed some burns to some of the wires (pictures attached) - the wall connection looks ok.
Could somebody kindly advise if it’s worth to replace the heating element or maybe is a situation where I need to look for another oven?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Zanussi electrical oven started tripping the RCD

Zanussi electrical oven started tripping the RCD to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back