• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Uh oh...shorted MICC. How scr*wed am I?

Currently reading:
EF: Uh oh...shorted MICC. How scr*wed am I?

J

johnnyuk

Uh oh...shorted MICC. How scr*wed am I?

I've just been fettling some 50 year old 2L2.5 pyro (MICC) to relocate a plug socket. I probably bent the cable a little more than I should have (although I didn't feel it was particularly tight when I did it) when I was doing the fettling, but now I've pulled the cable straightish again, I seem to have a short across the live, neutral and earth on the cable in question.

This is my first time working on pryo - assuming I've managed to cause a short within the cable somehow by bending it, is this something that happens a lot and is there anything I can do to fix the short in the cable? Or is it a case of stripping the MICC back until I find the short? Plan B will be to replace the damaged leg if I can.

Or am I being incredibly dim somehow?

Uh oh...shorted MICC. How scr*wed am I? to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back