• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB

Currently reading:
EF: TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB

F

fattony

TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB

Hi

Ive read a few discussions on the topic but what setup would you recommend for replacing a DB on a domestic TT system?

I've moved house and need to get the meter changed ready for the car charger, I need to upgrade the severely dated DB at the same time.

Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB, one of those circuits is a sub main to the garage which I'm intending on adding a car charger to at some point, realistically the only option I see is a 16 way DB, I was looking at this

https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/5183084-16-way-100a-sp-n-type-a-distribution-board-with-incomer?msclkid=061440893d991f53b24b2659d78aba45&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Smart%20Shopping%3A%20Switchgear%20%26%20Distribution&utm_term=4587368677094774&utm_content=Smart%20Switchgear%20%26%20Distribution&gclid=061440893d991f53b24b2659d78aba45&gclsrc=3p.ds

The intention was to use RCBO's for the circuits which I think would allow me to keep the main switch, I think my next question is on the sub main to the garage, if this is for example a 50A 30mA RCBO in the main DB would I need to install RCD protection in the sub main or should that not be a RCBO and a separate earth ROD installed for the garage, this would prevent a fault tripping a RCD upstream.

Thanks

TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back