• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Tone generator advice

Currently reading:
EF: Tone generator advice

S

stejjh

Tone generator advice

Hi,
Could I ask for some pointers and recommendations for a tone generator/tracing tool please?

Having browsed various sites including Amazon, CEF and RS the range of options is vast from £20 up to many hundreds. Are the cheap ones junk? What do the more expensive tools provide? I don't have a specific budget in mind but keen to avoid "buying cheap and twice".

This is for occasional DIY use, prompted by currently needing to trace the wiring for the intercom in my 3 storey '90s house from door push to intercom and wanting to move on from using a very long patch cable and multimeter. In the past I done this to trace TV and telephone cables but it is often impractical.

Thanks
J

Tone generator advice to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back