• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Three phase supply into single phase board

Currently reading:
EF: Three phase supply into single phase board

M

Mindgirl

Three phase supply into single phase board

Hi

I popped round to quote for ‘ finishing ‘ a solar install started by a company rhyming with Bird of Polar . The house has a three phase supply, but it looks like someone has taken the three live tails into board not designed for three phase (albeit with a three pole switch).
They’ve only got one phase to the house on a 63A breaker, the house (very large detached property ) demand looks like it would be much more than that. In fact they have a consumer unit with 24 ways inside including a 7kW EV charger, large electric hob and heat pumps
Doesn’t look they have made any effort to balance. And even if I ignore all of that, I would want to use a three phase inverter, and so would want to go to a three phase board.

Am I overthinking this, and this setup is ok, although I’m thinking we need to put in a three phase panel, and then also consider how we provide ongoing supply to main house DB (and summer house)

I suspect that whatever I say is not going to go down well with client, as they’ve already paid some £11k to the now defunct solar company, and all they have done is put solar panels (18x 440W) on roof.

The board was apparently put in by builders electrician.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Three phase supply into single phase board

Three phase supply into single phase board to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back