• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: The RCD test button on my tester trips the wall sockets

Currently reading:
EF: The RCD test button on my tester trips the wall sockets

L

Lord Oddsocks

The RCD test button on my tester trips the wall sockets

We recently moved house (May 2024). The property is old (some >250 years), quite large with different outbuildings/extensions. From time to time the main power will trip (sockets not lighting). So I got out my cheap socket tester and all's well on various outlets, until that is I press the RCD TEST button and it trips back at the main "fuse" box.

Before I hire an electrician I wanted to check it wasn't something obvious we can check first.

The three main boards, each have stickers showing the electrical system was tested February 2024, with the next test scheduled in five years time. However we have had no work done of the property yet so this problem likely existed before we moved in - and all our applicances etc. were fine at the previous property.

The RCD test button on my tester trips the wall sockets to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back