• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: SY, CY None Compliant????

Currently reading:
EF: SY, CY None Compliant????

J

Jay Sparks

SY, CY None Compliant????

So, I'm out on site the other day and the apprentice is installing some SY cable for a ring final circuit. Anyway, we got chatting and he mentions that this type of cable does not comply with BS7671! I said, "of course it does, it's part of the AM2 and it is one of the 7 cable types of the new 2357 apprenticeship NVQ! So out of curiosity I had a look. To my suprise, it does state in the BS7671, that this type, along with YY, CY are none compliant!! I know that most of this multi-core cable comes with none standard colour cores etc but does any one know an actual reason why it is none compliant? I am genuinely interested.

Cheers

Jay

SY, CY None Compliant???? to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back