• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Swapping 2x 1 gang 2 way for smart switches

Currently reading:
EF: Swapping 2x 1 gang 2 way for smart switches

L

LeeRalph

Swapping 2x 1 gang 2 way for smart switches

Hi All,

I'm looking to make my LED downlights smart by adding 2 way smart switching and I understand the way to achieve this is by adding two smart switches, one being dumb with the main switch using scenes in the app to activate the dumb switch? I.e. I will have a virtual 2 way smart setup.

Currently I have 1 main switch as switch 1 with 5 cores (Common = live in, L1 and L2 includes live to switch 2, 2x travellers to switch 2 and a sleeved black which might be switched neutral (not sure)).

The second switch which will become dumb receives the live from switch 1 and 2 travellers.

My question is with switch 1, how do I wire so that it operates the downlights as 1 way? I'm not sure what to do with the sleeved black.

Also. I have no neutral at the switches and therefore was going to use the supplied capacitor across the live and neutral at the first downlight to provide power back to switch 1, but I'm not sure how to add this neutral functionality to switch 2?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Lee

[ElectriciansForums.net] Swapping 2x 1 gang 2 way for smart switches

Swapping 2x 1 gang 2 way for smart switches to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back