• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Swa as main earth ?!?

Currently reading:
EF: Swa as main earth ?!?

D

DJP1997

Swa as main earth ?!?

So I have turned up on a job… someone previously has installed a 120mm 2 core swa from the meter to a barn building 160m away and them split off for the house and barn building in 25mm tails and have used the armour on the swa as the main earth.

Both ends of the swa have been terminated badly, the ze reading is 0.80 and the armour csa isn’t large enough to be use as the main earth.

I have calculated the for that distance a 70mm swa should have been used and then in that case the csa of the existing swa would be sufficient.

I’m conflicted now if I should make off both ends of the existing swa and if I get a low enough reading continue to use the armour as the main earth or to convert all 3 building that are fed from it to TT systems.

It’s a mess and the customer refused to put in the new correct cable… so what are your thoughts ??

[ElectriciansForums.net] Swa as main earth ?!?

Swa as main earth ?!? to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back