• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Should I replace a Redhead Fuse Link with Double Pole Isolator?

Currently reading:
EF: Should I replace a Redhead Fuse Link with Double Pole Isolator?

I

ibra123

Should I replace a Redhead Fuse Link with Double Pole Isolator?

Hi Everyone,

I’m currently working on an HMO where the supply cables run from the Ryefield board in the electrical riser to each apartment's utility cupboard.

At present, the armoured cable from the Ryefield board terminates in a Redhead fuse link, and from there, it connects to the consumer unit switch. From what I understand, in the current setup, the Neutral cannot be isolated, as the Redhead fuse link only isolates the Live conductor.

My question is: is this arrangement compliant, or does the Redhead fuse link need to be replaced with a double-pole isolator to ensure both the Live and Neutral conductors can be isolated? I can provide photos of the current installation if needed.

Should I replace a Redhead Fuse Link with Double Pole Isolator? to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back