• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Safe isolation of rotary isolator when no incoming voltage present.

Currently reading:
EF: Safe isolation of rotary isolator when no incoming voltage present.

T

tomodo

Safe isolation of rotary isolator when no incoming voltage present.

Hi all, trying to work out the best way for proving safe isolation of a motor.

Motor is fed from a contactor inside control panel, it then passes through a local isolator and then to the motor, the isolator has auxillary contacts so that when it is in the off position the contactor will not pull in and supply power.

How can i prove that no voltage will flow through the isolator that is locked off when there is none incoming into it?

Thanks

Safe isolation of rotary isolator when no incoming voltage present. to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Safe isolation of rotary isolator when no incoming voltage present.

Hi all, trying to work out the best way for proving safe isolation of a motor.

Motor is fed from a contactor inside control panel, it then passes through a local isolator and then to the motor, the isolator has auxillary contacts so that when it is in the off position the contactor will not pull in and supply power.

How can i prove that no voltage will flow through the isolator that is locked off when there is none incoming into it?

Thanks

Safe isolation of rotary isolator when no incoming voltage present. to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more
you could do 2 things, fit a green and red lamp to the auxillary contact via the normally open and normally closed contacts and fit to the front of a adaptable box near the isolator labelled so when the isolator is off the red light comes on saying no power at isolator, also fit a padlock to the isolator so it cannot be energised without skilled personnel with permission to energise being present, a photo of the area and a wiring diagram may help more, sorry if I am barking up the wrong tree, but from your initial post this is what came to mind, also are you sure the Isolator is not faulty as something sounds a little strange.

Last edited:
Back