• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Ring main or radial

Currently reading:
EF: Ring main or radial

R

Reggie15071953

Ring main or radial

I am moving to a bungalow which I imagine will need a rewire. I've spoken to a local electrician and when I was asking if there would be a ring main for the kitchen and another for the two bedrooms and lounge he told me that ring mains are old hat saying that radial circuits are preferred. For the lights he also said that having a radial live feed to each ceiling rose with a cable running to the switches is also old hat. He told me that the preferred option is to have a live feed to each switch with a neutral, earth, and switched live running to each ceiling rose. He said this makes life easier when wiring some light fittings i.e. not pendant lights and also made life easier if smart switches are added later. He also suggested a new consumer unit with rcbo's saying these are better but the cynic in me wonders if this is a means to squeeze more money out of me.

Ring main or radial to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back