• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

Currently reading:
EF: RCD Trips

I

IanBristol

RCD Trips

Hello,
I'm not an electrician. My RCD at home constantly trips. I tried turning off the power, resetting the RCD and putting the circuits back one by one, to work out what was tripping it. All were okay, except when I turned back on 'downstairs sockets' or 'upstairs sockets' either one of those would immediately cause the RCD to trip. I figured it may be a faulty appliance so went round and unplugged everything. However this made no difference. I thought it might be the fridge but I turned off the isolator and my electrician told me it couldn't be the fridge as it's behind a double pole isolator. My electrician is on holiday so won't be able to look for a few days. Is there anything else you think it could be or anything else I can easily check ? I don't have a multimeter or anything. Appreciate any help or advice you can give.

RCD Trips to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

A multi meter will not help Ian. Unfortunately there could be several reasons why this has happened, only testing with a proper tester will enable the correct diagnoses, it could be a faulty RCD, it could be a dodgy wire, it could be any number of things, I am afraid you will need an electrician to sort this out.

Back