• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Not DIY advice. How often do pros work live?

Currently reading:
EF: Not DIY advice. How often do pros work live?

A

aesmith

Not DIY advice. How often do pros work live?

First off there is no question of me doing anything live. Or even near anything live.

This is just a question triggered by observing they guys installing our solar. They did everything live, including installing a new RCBO in the garage consumer unit and connecting the new circuit. None of our electrics were switched off at any stage.

When I mentioned this they said they do this all the time.

Is this normal? As a non-electrician I can't see why they wouldn't at least switch off the main switch on the CU. (I'd have shut off the isolator at the house so nothing in the CU was live)

The only other possibly relevant point is I asked them at the start when they were likely to shut power off, as I was set up ready to power the chick shed from a generator but didn’t want to have to run that all day. Possibly the were responding to that.

Not DIY advice. How often do pros work live? to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back