• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: NICEIC Competant person scheme

Currently reading:
EF: NICEIC Competant person scheme

R

RMS1981

NICEIC Competant person scheme

Hi All

Hope this is in the right section and I appreciate this may have been asked before.

I’ve been in industrial maintenance for coming up to 15 years as an employee, the last 3 years have been as a Maintenance Manager at a small/medium sized plastics manufacturer and I’ve been responsible for several large projects involving installation and commissioning services for machines (electrical and mechanical). Doing this more recent work has made me realise that I both want to work for myself and get more into the installation side of things.

Qualifications wise I have a level 3 in Engineered Systems and 18th edition and I’m going to go for my Initial verification and inspection and test. My level 3 is not recognised on the NICEIC list of qualifications needed for approved contractors.

My question boils down the following:

Does what I have plus the inspection and test get me on the competent person scheme?

If so, would I be able to certify my own installation work?

To get on as an approved contractor, I think I’d need to do the experienced worker NVQ. Would what I have get me into that?

Sorry for the long winded question!!

NICEIC Competant person scheme to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back