• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Multple LED Strips & Power Supplies off One WiFi Driver?

Currently reading:
EF: Multple LED Strips & Power Supplies off One WiFi Driver?

G

gingrbeard

Multple LED Strips & Power Supplies off One WiFi Driver?

Hello. This is such a noob question, but I'm struggling with something that seems like it should be fairly straightforward. I have numerous 24v LED RGBW strips in several light coves around my house, with all the wires homerun in to a central closet. The total linear footage of strips requires multiple power supplies, which I have properly configured. I also have a wifi driver for each zone that I've been controlling with the Tuya app. The app previously allowed for linking multiple zones to have the same color, but apparently the devs got rid of that feature for some reason.

There has to be a more elegant solution to control multiple zones with just one wifi (app) controlled driver. I tried using just one of my Tuya drivers with the other zones amplified with this repeater: Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CRBGDDK?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title
Unfortunately, the amplifier degrades the color, so that was a no go.

Bonus question, does anyone know of a driver that's supported directly with Apple Home, so I don't need some third party app?

Thanks so much!

Multple LED Strips & Power Supplies off One WiFi Driver? to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back