• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Moving from Economy 9 to one rate/day tariff has affected how my thermal store works

Currently reading:
EF: Moving from Economy 9 to one rate/day tariff has affected how my thermal store works

P

Psych1965

Moving from Economy 9 to one rate/day tariff has affected how my thermal store works

Yesterday I swapped my RTS meter (two rates-Economy 9) over to a Smart Meter as I want to be on a one rate tariff; my radiators are electric and I no longer have storage heaters; my only appliance that is currently on Economy 9 is my thermal store that heats my water. when the thermal store was installed I was on an economy 9 rate/tariff. I had two Timeguard timers installed that are connected to the thermal store; the timer on the left was my off-peak supply (till yesterday) and the red light was always on-indicating it had power supplied to it. That timer was connected to my lower (off peak) immersion, and right timer was for the boost on the 24/7 supply and that is connected to the top immersion.

When the electricity company meter guy came I explained that I want to keep my off-peak supply life but moved over to a 24/7 supply my electrician told me to tell him that I want both meter tails put on the 24/7 supply. He assured me that he done just that. however shortly after he left I went into the cupboard where the thermal store is I noticed that the red light on the left-hand timer was faded it was not on indicating that there was no power to that timer. The red light on the right hand timer (24/7 supply) was red-indicating that there was power coming into that timer.

So as far as I'm aware yesterday there was no warming up of my water from the lower immersion-the old off-peak supply. However this morning when I woke up I checked the cupboard and lo and behold the red light on the left timer was on so I thought problems solved an hour later I went into the cupboard again and saw that this light was off again indicating no power to the left timer. although I have times left the immersion doesn't kick in at those times the water wasn't warming up yesterday during the times I've set the timer or two and it hasn't been warming up this morning at the times at the time was set to. I do not know what caused the red light to come on this morning but somehow it has...

Read more

Moving from Economy 9 to one rate/day tariff has affected how my thermal store works to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back