• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Maximum demand exceeding main fuse.

Currently reading:
EF: Maximum demand exceeding main fuse.

B

Bobble23

Maximum demand exceeding main fuse.

I've got a customer who currently has a 60A main fuse running in 10mm tails to a board with breakers 32/32/20/6/6A which, doing the diversity calc at biggest breaker + 40% of the rest comes in at 57.6A, just about OK.

She wants a new 32A cooker circuit, so I said she should get the tails upgraded and the main fuse increased, but this would involve pulling up her newly-varnished floor so she's said no.

If I was to down-rate the breakers to 32 (for the new circuit) then 20/20/16/6/6 the calc. still comes in at less than 60A (59.2). Can you see any problems with this? Or do I this time have to forget the easy calculation and go round counting sockets and appliances instead?

Any advice welcome!

Maximum demand exceeding main fuse. to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back