• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Looking for some pure white sockets and switches

Currently reading:
EF: Looking for some pure white sockets and switches

R

R1R2Dave

Looking for some pure white sockets and switches

I have a customer who is building two houses. In the first house I fitted White Scolmore click / Click mode sockets and light switches etc. The builder and his girl friend remarked that they looked off white in colour and almost have a grey tint to them. They have asked me if I can source some true / pure white sockets when I come to do 2nd fix on the House 2.
This is the first time that I have ever come across this but when you compare different makes of sockets and switches there is indeed a difference in the whiteness and my local electrical supplier said that sockets etc are made from different types of plastic depending on the manufacturer.
Click / Scolmore do a 'Polar White' range which seems a bit whiter than the standard click mode socket but they are a very slim screw less plate which could be an issue if the plasterer hasn't got the walls perfectly flat.
Does anyone know of a make or brand of socket which is pure brilliant white or perfect white ?
The standard Scolmore sockets, seem quite white to my eye and would greatly appreciate any suggestions and then I can go back to the builder and give him a choice.
Thank you to all.

Looking for some pure white sockets and switches to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back