• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: London Rewire Pricing + Late Invoicing

• Thread starter xenicuslongpipe
  • Start date

Currently reading:
EF: London Rewire Pricing + Late Invoicing

X

xenicuslongpipe

London Rewire Pricing + Late Invoicing

Hi all,

I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so I'm back and could do with some help please.

The work has been done but ended up costing more than anticipated.

Additionally despite my request for a payment schedule to be provided throughout it has only been sent 4 months after the work was carried out. We paid as we went as requested by the contractor and despite repeated requests to be made aware of any large payments that were due, we've just been asked for a considerable sum.

West London 1970s 3 bedroom ex-council house 87 m2. Ground and first floors. Kitchen, living room, hallway, bathroom, bedrooms.

House was totally gutted following asbestos removal. The work included a complete rewire, new sockets, spot lights throughout, light switches, new consumer unit, wired alarms, ethernet cables, speaker cabling, charging point, outdoor lights and certification. We provided all second fix ourselves 160 points in the end.

Ended up about 20k. First off does that sound reasonable?

Second off, I'm extremely frustrated that despite repeated requests we were not made aware of the additional costs. Is it really reasonable to request a significant payment 4 months after the work was carried out? I'm feeling somewhat burned.

Thanks for any and all advice.

London Rewire Pricing + Late Invoicing to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back