• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Lighting control system options

Currently reading:
EF: Lighting control system options

J

JJNR78

Lighting control system options

Morning. I'm looking for some advice. I was a NICEIC QS about 8 years ago, but I left the industry and so I'm not across the new market products.

Around 6 years ago I rewired my house and I prepared the wiring for a Rako system where is wired all switch lines back to a central hub next the consumer unit and then wired out data for the local scene setting panels (switches all of which in deep single boxes). I ran out of money before I could install the Rako system, so we have been going under the stairs to turn on the lounge and kitchen lights ever since 🤦‍♂️!!

My question is, which systems should I now consider that would work with this method of wiring? I am not opposed to Rako, but the game moves on and maybe there are other reliable systems that might even be more affordable.

And whilst i'm on, i'll take any recommendations of RGB strip and profile, again, wired back to a box ready for drivers (not these plug in systems)
Thanks in advance

Lighting control system options to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back