• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Its a tricky one!

Currently reading:
EF: Its a tricky one!

N

neil12345

Its a tricky one!

Hi all,

hope you are well, DIY'er after some thoughts if possible. After a period of very heavy and prolonged rain my electricity trips, when I turn off the switch for the power to the shed (pic attached) I can put the electricity back on.

Sometimes I can then immediately put the shed switch back on and all is well, sometimes I need to leave it a few hours before it will go back on without tripping. When it is at a stage where it won't switch on without tripping I've turned off sockets, lights etc in shed and it still trips when shed power is switched on.

That would make me think the the issue is with the armored cable that's mainly buried under soil, however what I don't understand is that if water is getting into the cable and causing a trip why would it all be OK again, sometimes immediately, sometimes after a few hours as the ground, let alone the cable, won't dry out in that time?

Any thoughts as to what could be causing it or any further steps to diagnose?

Thanks all, any input hugely appreciated.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Its a tricky one!

Its a tricky one! to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back