• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Is Panel Angle REALLY That Big of a Deal? 🤔 (My Installers Were Pretty Relaxed...)

Currently reading:
EF: Is Panel Angle REALLY That Big of a Deal? 🤔 (My Installers Were Pretty Relaxed...)

L

Leo Breydon

Is Panel Angle REALLY That Big of a Deal? 🤔 (My Installers Were Pretty Relaxed...)

So we just had our solar panels installed last week – super exciting! 🎉 But one thing that's been bugging me is the panel angle. The installers weren't super precise, saying it would only make a small difference... but now I'm second-guessing everything!

I've been doing some research on the Internet, but I am not sure whether should I follow them or not and meanwhile I'm worried we're missing out on precious energy! Especially in winter when the sun is lower.

Here's the deal:

Our roof is pretty standard, slight south-facing slope.

The panels are basically flat on the roof, maybe a tiny tilt.

Have I messed up by not demanding a steeper angle? Help a nervous solar newbie out! 🙏

What I want to know from YOU:

How much difference does panel angle ACTUALLY make in your experience?

Did you obsess over it during installation, or go with the flow?

Pics of your setup (and maybe even energy output data) would be awesome!

Maybe I'm stressing over nothing, but I want to make sure we're getting the most out of our investment!

Is Panel Angle REALLY That Big of a Deal? 🤔 (My Installers Were Pretty Relaxed...) to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back