• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Is Commercial Electrical Work Notifiable?

Currently reading:
EF: Is Commercial Electrical Work Notifiable?

J

Joemile

Is Commercial Electrical Work Notifiable?

I'm a previous C&G 2/3 qualified electrician who used to work under an NICEIC domestic contractor for many years but I recently decided to not become registered due to the change in criteria and losing my passion for electrical so I recently moved onto new lines of work...

Today I was doing some sign fitting for a customer of a commercial bar who asked me if I'm also able to remove his old track lights and install new ones for his new signage...

This would require me to re-use the old feed which comes from a 5A fused spur, Enclose it in PVC conduit and then install x8 lights accordingly around the building.

Now I know that outside works are 'Notifiable' under special locations and require minor works certification but where do I stand when it is on a non part-p commercial property? Am I allowed to carry out these works?

Thanks.

Is Commercial Electrical Work Notifiable? to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back