• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Inverting old planer jointer motor

Currently reading:
EF: Inverting old planer jointer motor

L

Leomozoloa

Inverting old planer jointer motor

Hello everyone,

I've come across an old but trusty planer jointer with an old motor on it. But the way I want to re-assemble the machine makes it so I have to invert the rotation for the motor. I've tried a few things I've read but I probably messed up as it only resulted in poor speed and slow start-up (and huge power draw, so the capacitor may have been bypassed) despite finally going in the right direction. So for now I've rewired the terminal box as it used to be and the motor is fast and torqy again (but of course rotating in the opposite direction I want)

Here's the motor plate, it's a monophase 220v from the 80s with a big capacitor
[ElectriciansForums.net] Inverting old planer jointer motor

here's how the terminal box is arranged :

[ElectriciansForums.net] Inverting old planer jointer motor

Could you help me rewire this bad boy so it works well in the opposite direction ?

Thanks a lot !

Inverting old planer jointer motor to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back