• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: High Ze TNS - what to expect from DNO?

Currently reading:
EF: High Ze TNS - what to expect from DNO?

S

samtheman

High Ze TNS - what to expect from DNO?

Clueless householder here!

My wife told me John Lewis refused to plug in our new oven this morning due to "high readings on sockets". It looks on their paperwork like the "Pre Earth Loop Impedance Test" failed with 2.02 Ohms.

I thought that was strange as we had a new consumer unit fitted and tested after buying the house, so I dug out the installation certificate which apparently says under part 5: "Supply company should be contacted to correct the very High Ze Reading of 1.57 Ohms without delay". Who knew? It says it's a TNS supply.

So not exactly without delay I decided to call 105 (SSEN) and apparently they'll send someone out. What should I expect from them?

Pretty sure I can figure out plugging in an oven myself but if this is dangerous I'd like to get it sorted.

[ElectriciansForums.net] High Ze TNS - what to expect from DNO?

High Ze TNS - what to expect from DNO? to Continue reading...

Back