• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Granny charge point

Currently reading:
EF: Granny charge point

G

grumpyjohn01

Granny charge point

I'll start by saying I don't install EV chargers and have not kept up to any great extent on regs changes etc but an existing customer has asked for a 13a socket for her EV granny charger in a 2nd home. (the previous outdoor socket has melted!).
After doing a bit of reading including 722 I have come to the conclusion that providing a 13a socket for such dedicated use is pretty much pointless as complying with all requirements would be too onerous..(I'm assuming here that the granny charger itself does not contain RCD-DD or PEN fault circuitry).
Am I correct here? or do any of you seasoned EV installers have a work around?
So far I have advised the customer to seek quotes for a 'proper' charge point but I wonder if in fact they will just replace the outside socket and carry on until the next one melts etc etc as of course there is nothing to stop anyone plugging a granny charger into any socket they like.

Granny charge point to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back