• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: EV consumer unit tails

Currently reading:
EF: EV consumer unit tails

A

adsmith

EV consumer unit tails

Hi

My relation has had an EV charger fitted and upon me being nosey checking out the job I noticed something I thought I'd query with you guys.

-Her main cut out fuse is 100amp
-From the meter there is 25mm tails that go through DP isolator to Henley blocks.
-From the Henley blocks are 25mm tails feeding the main house consumer unit aswell as 10mm tails feeding a fusebox EV distribution board (soley for the car charger)with spd protection with a 6mm swa cable feeding the 7.4kw EV car charger.

My question is are 10mm meter tails safe as the supply to the Ev distribution board with the main cut out fuse being 100amp? I would have assumed 16mm tails minimum would have been used?

Your help will be greatly appreciated

EV consumer unit tails to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back