• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Electricity DNO Supply installation outdated and UNSAFE?

Currently reading:
EF: Electricity DNO Supply installation outdated and UNSAFE?

G

Gutsy-Fungus

Electricity DNO Supply installation outdated and UNSAFE?

Hi folks,

Moving into my new property in a couple of weeks to find a concerning electrical installation in the cubby hole underneath ther stairs. I have attached a couple of pictures of the installation.

1. Does this main feed from the DNO (#3) look safe (left hand picture)? It is corroded and appears unsafe. What to do?
  2. I am a bit confused with all the bits labelled up with numbers. Can anyone in the know comment?
The house was built over 100 years ago and any steer on what to do would be appreciated. The electrical supply components are in the living area (okay under the stairs and in a cubby hole) and appear as if they need relocating to the outside.

Many thanks!

D

[ElectriciansForums.net] Electricity DNO Supply installation outdated and UNSAFE?

Electricity DNO Supply installation outdated and UNSAFE? to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back