• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Electrician Charging Me To Rewire Junction

Currently reading:
EF: Electrician Charging Me To Rewire Junction

P

phillan

Electrician Charging Me To Rewire Junction

Hi All.

I found an electrician on check a trade. He had all 5-star reviews, I was green - renovating my first home so he seemed great, and he was the first trade I employed.
I have had the worst experience of my life with him - I feel like he has ripped me off everywhere he can - Firstly, he quoted £1500 with all the ceilings and walls down so he had full view and access to the wires throughout the property, then invoiced me £2300 halfway done and refused to finish until I paid - when I paid he did a half-arsed job and not everything I asked him to do upstairs - i.e. downlights in the master bedroom. I paid £180 for this quote, I hired him to do an EICR which I have not received "because it failed". He installed extra sockets I didn't ask him for and charged £90 a socket (my 3.5 x 4m kitchen now has 9 double sockets and a cooker switch). He second fixed everything despite walls and ceilings being down - then told me he had to charge the wire or test the wiring if they were taken off which they obviously were to get the walls up - he didn't leave me with any power too so second fixing was absolutely pointless. These are just a couple of issues, I have a lot more but I won't list them all here.

The issue now is, on his last visit to sign off (which I already paid for in the £2300), he couldn't finish because there was a fault on the master bedroom lighting circuit, but he didn't have time to fault find during that session because he had been there for 3 hours already (testing his installation) and would have to come back. The fault was pretty clear, there are 2 bedrooms upstairs and a pendulum light in the stairwell. He hadn't wired up the second bedroom or the stairwell (an example of his half-arsed finish) so the fault could only be on the downlights I had installed in frustration, in the master bedroom which he acknowledged without looking.
I had my handyman take a look for me and he rewired it the day after the the electrician had gone. We flipped the...

Read more

Electrician Charging Me To Rewire Junction to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back