• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: EICR Failed - Open circuit / No continuity

Currently reading:
EF: EICR Failed - Open circuit / No continuity

I

isaact4569

EICR Failed - Open circuit / No continuity

Hi,

I had an EICR done and it failed on one item which was a C2 and that was in our utility room. From what I was told there is an open circuit and no continuity. It took a long while but after questions asked, it was ascertained that the previous owner had an old boiler in the utility room which was repositioned to a different room. The wires inside the walls were not terminated correctly. Now heres the issue. The electrician wants to remove floorboards in the bedroom above it to attempt to rectify this. Problem is the flooring in the bedroom is chipboards and there are glued all around the sides so they are not tongue and groove. 8 years ago a plumber tried to remove one for some works needed doing and it took 30 minutes to remove one with a crow bar, hammer and a lot of force. The electrician said he will use oscillating multi tool but of course the risk is cutting into the joists and the pipework are very close to the chipboards. He does not want to cut into the wall in the utility room because he said he doesn't feel comfortable patching up and rectifying plasterboards. My question is for something like this where we know the wire is behind the wall, does the wire just need to be terminated or put back into the ring circuit? Can a junction terminal box be used and the wire parked inside the wall?

Isaac

EICR Failed - Open circuit / No continuity to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back