• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Door bell installation

Currently reading:
EF: Door bell installation

P

pirate

Door bell installation

I can't add to comments in the DIY area for some reason, but I'm opening this thread so I can make a comment.
@littlespark made a very useful comment that you can still get the old "Ding-Dong" chimes and frankly I think they are great! Batteries last for years, no mains voltage, really nothing to go wrong. I have one, all my neighbours have them, they were fitted as standard when the flats were built in 1974...now that's sustainable, right?
My neighbour who is very elderly, but very active, likes her ding-dong (Shut up at the back!)
When I visit her I press the button and I hear the "ding"...then I hold it for maybe 5 seconds then let it go....and yes, it goes "dong".
She knows it's me calling by because of the delay.
just my tuppence-worth for old technology!

Door bell installation to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back