• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Contactor wiring with Nest thermostat

Currently reading:
EF: Contactor wiring with Nest thermostat

S

steve1906

Contactor wiring with Nest thermostat

Hello, I'm trying to get a contactor to work with a nest thermostat to activate an oil filled heater rather than a boiler.

I wired permanent live and neutral to the two poles at the top of the connector (1+3), switched outputs to the bottom (2+4) then the common and demand lines from nest to A1 and A2.

There's a click from the contactor when demand is called but no voltage across the poles so I've measured and it appears to be a dry heating switch which obviously isn't activating the contactor properly.

There's a wiring diagram with the nest to link live to the common terminal if I want a wet (mains voltage) connection so if I did this I've now got a line from heating demand that would presumably go to A1, but what would go to A2 to complete the circuit?

The contactor is the BG one from Screwfix that requires mains voltage on the coil.

Thanks for any advice!

Contactor wiring with Nest thermostat to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back