• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Communal areas of flats commercial or residential.

Currently reading:
EF: Communal areas of flats commercial or residential.

C

catdog1121

Communal areas of flats commercial or residential.

So a couple years ago I decided to drop my NAPIT cover as I found I was doing more commercial work and the amount of profit I made from notifiable jobs was about the same as the cost of membership so I would be better off not bothering doing those jobs..

I had a job the other day where there was no lighting in communal area of flats, turned out the DNO cable was dead, DNO have temporarily connected it to a flat supply but they want to run a new cable and potentially move the position of the head, there is only 4 lights (Total 8 flats) over 2 floors in the communal area so the communal supply is just one circuit. Potentially looking at new board near the new head then adaptable box in place of current consumer unit and extend lighting circuit to new consumer unit.

Can anyone say with certanty is this Residential and so needs a building compliance certificate or is it commercial and not needed?

Communal areas of flats commercial or residential. to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back