• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Can i install a new circuit or do minor works on a plastic consumer unit under the stairs which is the only escape route.

Currently reading:
EF: Can i install a new circuit or do minor works on a plastic consumer unit under the stairs which is the only escape route.

L

luketum92

Can i install a new circuit or do minor works on a plastic consumer unit under the stairs which is the only escape route.

I know it's only a C3 but I've been to quote jobs where previous electricians have told the client that they have to get it replaced to comply with current regulations which is false and basically scaring the client to get more work. I'm pretty sure that's not the case, as its only recommended. My apprentices tutor is telling him it's a C2 and any work done on the DB has to bring the current DB up to current regs (basically replaced with metal CU). Just because it's plastic and under thr stairs doesn't mean it fails the property on a condition report. I phoned the niceic and they have quoted saying that it is only a C3 and can be worked on provided it's still in good condition. What's everyone's thought on this because everyone has their own regulations it seems.

Can i install a new circuit or do minor works on a plastic consumer unit under the stairs which is the only escape route. to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back