• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Anyone transitioned from electrician to site manager or a similar role?

Currently reading:
EF: Anyone transitioned from electrician to site manager or a similar role?

M

ManchesterKirchoff

Anyone transitioned from electrician to site manager or a similar role?

Just wanted to see if many people had gone from an electrician to being a site manager and how they went about this? I think management is the route I want to go down, but the cost of going down the HNC or NVQ L6 route and then obtaining SMSTS/SSSTS, first aid and then a black card would simply be too much of a financial constraint for myself unfortunately.

Because I lack the quals to do such a role, it seems I wouldn't have much luck in an assistant or trainee role either.

I am manchester based, and the only thing I have been able to register interest in is (another) apprenticeship with a development firm called Renaker.

Simply looking for any advice or stories anyone wants to share about how they managed to make the move into site management

Anyone transitioned from electrician to site manager or a similar role? to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back