• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: Aluminum Roof Deck Question

Currently reading:
EF: Aluminum Roof Deck Question

K

Kilgore_Trout

Aluminum Roof Deck Question

I have a customer with an insulated aluminum patio cover featuring two ceiling fans. On the roof, there are two PVC junction boxes connected by PVC conduit. One of the fittings entering these junction boxes is broken, exposing the wires within the conduit and box connection. This is what the roof looks like.

I plan to repair this issue and want to ensure the repair is conducted properly.

1. Material Choice: Should I use gray PVC for the repair, or would metal conduit be a better option?
  2. Sealing Recommendations: What are the best practices for sealing around the boxes where the wires pass through the roof deck?
Additionally, please consider that this is in California, which may affect compliance with local codes and regulations.

Thank you for your guidance!

Aluminum Roof Deck Question to Continue reading...

Back