• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: AFDD's in Care Homes

Currently reading:
EF: AFDD's in Care Homes

M

Midwest

AFDD's in Care Homes

I work in a care home. Recently we had some sockets installed. The Eaton DB's we have, will not accept AFDD's apparently, so the contractor fitted a AFDD in a metal module next to the DB.

I understand the reasoning for AFDD's in CH's, but one socket was for Sky Q equipment in a protective shaft, and cost us about £200. Our property is like a Village community with sleeping accommodation on ground floor with suites, first floor is care floor and second is more suites. So it falls into the regs, with both examples.

I need an outdoor socket installed for a small hoist, near the plant room, and some installed in a workshop, which is inside the main building. Is there any more guidance, or is just plan simple and they have to be installed. Guess we would need a conversation with our insurers if we didn't.

AFDD's in Care Homes to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back