• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: advice on power supply to outbuilding

Currently reading:
EF: advice on power supply to outbuilding

J

jobe1972

advice on power supply to outbuilding

Hi looking for some advice I wont be doing any work a electrician will be .. I have a outbuilding being constructed and i will need a power supply I have asked for a quote and while looking for advice have been told that the person doing the quote cant be a qualified sparky from the advice given so here to double check

I need power running from existing consumer unit to shed. once there will need to have enough amps to run power tools/freezer and heater and lights and computer etc the sparky who will be doing me a quote says an additional consumer unit wont be needed as existing unit offers enough protection .. current CU is Wylex NM1406L 14 Way 100 Amp Double Pole Metal Consumer Unit

All metal enclosure, no plastic parts
Low Smoke and Fume Paint
Non Combustable Steel Blank plates available
Raised and removable DIN rail/Busbar assembly
Cable entry Knockouts on 5 sides Top, Bottom, Rear, left and Right
Mains Tails cable Entry Grommet available to comply with 3rd Amendment Regulations
Uo to 38 Ways Available in Mainswitch, split load, dual RCD and High Integrity
RoHS Compliant in excess of UK Standards
UKAS certified to BS EN 61439-2
Dimensions - 261mm (Height) x 343mm (Width) x 121mm (Depth)
Wylex Technical Helpline 01543 438320

other forum saying it doesnt have RCD but to me it says dual RCD.. all the MCB in it are
Wylex NHXS1B06 6 Amp 30ma Type B SPSN 1 Module RCBO ranging from 6-32amp

now the other sparkys are saying all those will be fine but if a new circuit is added it will need RCD but and i know nothing wouldnt new circuits added to free space within the box have the same protection as the rest of the other circuits?

[ElectriciansForums.net] advice on power supply to outbuilding

advice on power supply to outbuilding to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back