• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: 3 PIN AC Pressure switch

Currently reading:
EF: 3 PIN AC Pressure switch

J

Johns_2012

3 PIN AC Pressure switch

I have an AC system that is not working. All fuses and relays tested successfully. Blower comes on, but blows hot. System is completely empty and I was told compressor is dead and needs replacing. Clutch was not engaging. I removed compressor and bench tested it by running 12V to it directly from a battery to the 2 wire connector and the clutch would engage no problems. So I thought low pressure switch. It tests OK resistance wise ...well below 1ohm. So I then stated to thinkI have a shorted wire in the 3 pin switch that connects to the low pressure switch. I believe you can jump it. I have 5v going to the orange wire. White is ground and purple appears to be the signal wire. With car running and AC on I used a small battery that gives 3.3V and put - side to ground and + side to the signal wire. But the AC clutch still does not engage. I am not sure where to go from here. I assumed that would jump the switch and trick it into thinking there was ample pressure and engage the clutch. I do not have a wiring diagram and can only get a continuity test successful on the 5V+ wire. Any advice?

3 PIN AC Pressure switch to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back