• If you're struggling to login because of the verification email not reaching you, don't worry it's just the forum settings applying the change slowly. I'll get in touch with those who are awaiting the verification email and sort your accounts out. I think new ones should go through fine now in most cases.

EF: 10mm LSF cable for shower

• Thread starter An Buachaillín Bán
  • Start date

Currently reading:
EF: 10mm LSF cable for shower

A

An Buachaillín Bán

10mm LSF cable for shower

Hello all you fine folk and hope you're all keeping well.

Having a bit of a dilemma here regarding making off 3x10sq LSF cable for a shower. I'm debating about about whether to use a Crabtree pull chord or to just mount a 2 gang 45/50A shower switch. Shower rating is 9.8kw with cable being clipped direct to timber joist in attic. I don't want to rule out the possibility that the cables could be covered with Insulation at a later stage, as it is a new build and I've asked builder to keep the cables as free from Insulation as possible.

I saw this topic was discussed on the forum before, but I don't think it was the LSF cable being used, which makes my life even harder. I have made off 2x 10sq lsf cables into a Crabtree pull chord before which was a huge pain. I have also made off 10sq cables for cooker switches before into deeper 2 gang metal back boxes, which, again wasn't fun.

But as this was some time ago, I'm just wondering has anybody come across any new accessories that would make it any easier to terminate these cables? Or is it just the same story of sheer finger strength and heartache? If those are the only options still, what are people's preferences?

Thanks

10mm LSF cable for shower to Continue reading...

ElectriciansForums.net for the latest in electricians' jobs, news, advice and more

Back